Go Back   myIWC Forums > ISLAMIC-NATURE > Hajj - Pilgrimage to Makka
User Name
Password

Old 18-12-2005, 08:58
Administrator

Om_Mohammed is on a distinguished road
Anyone going for haj?

Assalaamu alaikum.

Was just wondering...anyone planning to attend the haj this year??

I will be in Jeddah during the haj time, and would love to meet any of u if u are going for the haj, inshaAllah.

If I get the chance, will go to the haj also. But I doubt that it will be possible for me this year. Certain family situation will probably prevent me from going, tho I'd love to.

If it is Allah's will, it will be made possible.

And if not, then I will be satisfied to remain with my family.

Om Mohammed.
Old 18-12-2005, 15:32
Administrator

Tayeb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tayeb Send a message via MSN to Tayeb Send a message via Yahoo to Tayeb
:

We didn't meet last time sr but it was nice talking on the phone.

It seems sr Lubna is going for Hajj. Perhaps you two could meet or talk on the phone at least.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 18-12-2005, 23:58

lubna is on a distinguished road

yes, Alhumdulillah by the blessings and mercy of Allah i will be going for hajj inshaAllah. i cant thank Allah enough for calling me to his house inshaAllah.just getting the invitation from Him is enough to make one's soul submit in gratitude and humility Alhumdulillah.may Allah help us to fulfil this very important duty the way it should be and give us the taufeeq to have the blessing of hajj -mabroor Ameen.

sister om-mohammad ,meeting someone at the time of hajj is nothing but hectic . as was the case with you and bro tayeb. plus i want to keep my visit exclusively for Allah this time inshaAllah, but in future when we go for Umrah with our kids inshaAllah then i will try to come and visit you at your home... inshaAllah. being a woman a flying visit or a phone call is not enough for me....

i have a very close relative in saudi too, and another one is planning to move there soon.

sister which city do you live in?? so i can add you in my contacts for the future inshaAllah.

wassalam
lubna
47.30 . And if We would , We could show them unto thee ( Muhammad ) so that thou shouldst know them surely by their marks . And thou shalt know them by the burden of their talk . And Allah knoweth your deeds . .

Nay! We hurl the Truth against falsehood and it does smash itís brains and thus it perishes. And woe be to you for what you describe (with your tongues). Qur'an 21:18
Old 19-12-2005, 09:08
Administrator

Assalaamu alaikum.

Oh, dear sister...I know full well that the haj time (whether we are going for the haj or not) is a hectic time for all concerned. Even for us here in this region, even if we do not attend the haj, it is quite a hectic time.

It is just that I know that so many ppl coming in from around the world do not always easily get the chance to visit this region very often.

And for so many, their trip for the haj is their truly once in a life time trip to this region of the world.

Anyways, if you ever get the chance to even call while here, the offer is still on for you or for anyone else coming along this way.

And as I do not like to post my private info (place of residence and phone number) in the public forums, I will send it to u in private message, inshaAllah.

Anyways, as I said, I will have the opportunity to again be in Jeddah this year for the haj (if I do not attend the haj myself). We do not live in Jeddah, but we do have a second home there, as my husband has business there. And so, we have decided to spend the haj time and holiday there in Jeddah this year, as we did last year.

May Allah accept your haj and your sacrifices and your worships, sister, you and your family. And may He make this journey of yours simply yet another method of coming closer to Him.

Take the full advantage of this time, and truly put all your worldly cares and worries behind you, concentrating fully on devoting this time and effort solely to him.

And...take the fullest advantage of your time in Arafat. As the prophet(SAAW) has been recorded of saying...that the haj IS Arafat. (the standing and worshipping in Arafat on that day of Arafat).

So, take full advantage of that day and that time, and spend it in remembrance of Him much, seeking His forgiveness, and totally put away all thoughts of everything and everyone of this life. Simply think of how it will be on the day of resurrection. The day of judgement. And viewing your own account being recalled in front of you.

Consider how it will be when your own body parts will testify for or against you. A time when you will have no consciencious control over your own tongue. A time when you will wish to be able to state the shahada (the simplest of sentances)...yet only that which is truly in your heart is which will enable your tongue to move to those words.

Ask Allah to make you steadfast and pure, and to help clear your own heart of all bad feelings or thoughts, and to cleanse you of your own sins.

And ask Allah to help you purify your intentions in all that you do and say for His sake alone.

I know that you must know this already, sis. But just felt like reminding you.

I can remember my own day at arafat years ago on the haj...it is an overwhelming experience indeed. And I noticed ppl going off by themselves from time to time, just to spend time alone and make dua or dhikr or whatever. And I didn't know what to do. I felt lost. Truly lost. And I began to cry.

And a caring sister took the microphone in our tents, and she made a vocal reminder to us all...that whoever was sitting around, and not making the best use of the time we had in this wonderful and holy spot...to take the time to return to Allah in prayer, and seek His forgiveness.

She reminded us of the ahadith in which we are reassured that whoever is present on that region on that day and time, Allah has promised to forgive their sins, and admit them to paradise!!!

Such an overwhelming thought indeed!!

May Allah forgive us all our sins, and admit us into paradise on account of His everlasting and truly overwhelming and all-encompassing mercy!!!

May Allah keep you safe in your travels, sis, and return you in fine health and spirits to your loved ones. And may He be so merciful as to accept your duas and your worships.

And...do not forget us here, your cyber family, to make dua for us while you are in your travels. Remember that the dua of the traveller is a dua promised to be answered. So remember us, dear sis, as you ask of forgiveness and other things for yourself as well.

Do take care.

Om Mohammed.
Old 19-12-2005, 13:00

lubna is on a distinguished road
sister

jazakallah for your duaas and reminders, inshaAllah i will try to remember them .
as well as my cyber family here inshaAllah.

wassalam
lubna
47.30 . And if We would , We could show them unto thee ( Muhammad ) so that thou shouldst know them surely by their marks . And thou shalt know them by the burden of their talk . And Allah knoweth your deeds . .

Nay! We hurl the Truth against falsehood and it does smash itís brains and thus it perishes. And woe be to you for what you describe (with your tongues). Qur'an 21:18
Old 23-12-2005, 22:56
Administrator

We all need reminders, sis. The haj itself is quite an overwhelming experience. And it is quite easy for anyone at anytime to overlook the most basic necessity of simply concentrating on the greatness of Allah, and our own incompetence and true weakness.

The best loved remembrance to Him is simply praising His name, and remembering the fact that He is indeed God.

And the best loved supplication unto Him is seeking forgiveness. Once we do that with the utmost sincerity, we will notice the rest of our dua's become answered as well.

Be simple in remembrance and supplications, and consistent, and sincere.

That reminder is really for us all.

Anyways, the reason I popped in here to reply yet again...it turns out that some family situations have incurred that will prevent us from being in Jeddah this year at the time of the haj. Unless some unforseen possibility comes that I am able to attend the haj, I will not be in that area at that time of year this year.

However, sis, the offer still stands...u can call me on my cell phone anytime. Would love it. And if u don't have the funds to talk too long, u could just call me, and I could call u back, to make it easier on u. I know in traveling it is not easy to make connections.

Anyways, the offer is there, and as I have sent u my # by private message, use it if u want.

Take care, sis. And may Allah make your travels successful and without hardships. And may He return u safe and sound to your loved ones (including your beloved cyber family here as well!!)

Om Mohammed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: